Thursday, 17 November 2016

That's all Folks

Monday marked the end of my technology integration class. It was a bitter sweet day because it meant that I got to start my first ever teaching block, but it also meant that I had to say goodbye to yet again another great teacher who provided so many great ideas and resources. During class, we reviewed our peers genius hour ted talks and their online profiles. The creativity in my class is phenomenal, and I could tell the topics that were chosen were real passions of my peers.

As I reflect on the entire semester in my tech class, I cannot believe how comfortable I have grown learning new ways to integrate technology into the classroom. My associate teacher for my first teaching block is really passionate about integrating technology into the classroom. I decided to wait a couple days to reflect on my technology class experience until after I have had a few days in my classroom so I could reflect on how much I have learned and acknowledge how I can apply the knowledge into this classroom.

Retrieved from: http://bit.ly/2fBzixd
The first thing that my associate introduced me to is classed Planboard. Planboard is designed by Chalk.com which allows teacher to upload their class schedule and daily lesson plans. This website also comes in an app that sync together allowing you to have your schedule on any device. I found this really helpful because you can have any pictures or videos that you plan on showing your class directly on plan board. Then during the lesson you can click on the link and it will take you directly to it. If lesson plans need to be uploaded from a word document from the computer it can also be uploaded to planboard. Or you can print all the documents and plans from each day in pdf form. Another interesting feature that Planboard offers is called markboard. This allows any class assessments to be online under each subject being taught. I think this is a really great tool that can help with 21st century technology learning in the classroom. It provides a medium for teacher to use technology at their finger tips and shows students how technology can be used for more things than just games.

I am so excited for my teaching block and to experience things like Google Classroom and Plickers in action! I think it will be such a huge learning experience and I cannot wait to share what I have learned!!




No comments:

Post a Comment