Monday, 31 October 2016

Another Day at Work

Today when we stepped into class, instead of jumping into a hard activity that required a lot of thought our teacher decided to keep it light and fun. The past couple of weeks have been busy with assignments and test as we wrap up our last two weeks of class before our block 1 placements start. Out teacher told us as our starting tech activity was to create a meme.

Our job was to find an inspirational image using google, flickr, or search through the various links this blog post provides. I went through the article and found a cite called free media goo to find my photo. All the websites in the blog post consist of pictures that are royalty free with no words. Perfect pictures to create memes or use in the classroom for various reasons such as language arts. You could use the pictures to have the students create a story about what they might think was happening before, after, or during the picture, Media Literacy all the way!

Once I chose a picture, I used PicMonkey to edit the photo. I added a filter and words, The quote I chose reflects a saying that I like to remember and live by constantly. I think this quote is also important to remember during the fall when the world is transitioning into Winter, which can cause seasonal depression for some people. As well, since today is Halloween, a lot of people consider November 1st to be the first day that Christmas can start. I have experienced that during the holiday season society can get so wrapped up in the idea of the season and the hustle and bustle of getting presents for everyone that they forget the meaning behind Christmas, or any Holiday in December. I think this meme is only appropriate for today as people start to gear towards Christmas and the Holiday season.

Here is my Meme:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Theresa!

    First of all, your blog looks aesthetically fantastic! The colour of your background, fonts and links is exemplary, and definitely enhances the readability of your blog overall, the colour scheme works really well! Overall, the size, titles and subtitles are consistent and easy to read. Perhaps consider choosing a cool font for you title and centring it on your blog, it will really add some creativity!

    The horizontal and vertical space on your blog are used to the best of their ability- it is great that you have not only included a professional picture, but a Bio, and your Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram feeds! What an exemplary addition that adds to your digital portfolio…well done!

    You have also completed all the assigned artifacts including the Genius Hour Introduction, Pitch, Movie Trailer and TedTalk- way to go!

    Documentation and Copyright is developing- for your Movie Trailer, it is important to not only include the link to the pictures, but to properly cite them according to Copyright Guidelines!

    In terms of reflections, this area could use a bit of enhancing! For each artifact you post (i.e. a video) it should be accompanied by a reflection that should include three things! What you learned, how to apply the use of this type of technology in your classroom and how it can be integrated into multiple disciplines. This will add some great information and reflection to your blog!

    Overall, there did not seem to be any errors in grammar, capitalization, punctuation or spelling!

    
Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete