Monday, 19 September 2016

Pow its Time to Be a Genius

This week in our tech class, we had the opportunity to make a video using Powtoon. We furthered our learning about Genius hour while making our Powtoon. This website is a great resource that can be used in many different situations. For example, another class I am taking this year we are required to create a personal literacy story using technology tell it. I was unsure about how I might go about doing this until today. Powtoon would be a great way to create a video while still hitting all the requirements of the assignment. Powtoon is also a good resource to implement into the classroom because it can allow students to put as much detail in as they would like. It provides them with freedom of expression, which I feel has been a big emphasis recently in our teacher education.

Here is the video I mad about Genius Hour on Powtoon:


Genius Hour Update:

This week to research on my own genius hour project about the emotional effects of nut allergies has gone pretty well this week. I wrote a research paper proposal for another class a couple years ago. I dug up that paper and reacquainted myself with the ideas and biology I found out about biology for the paper. I definitely think that the resources found for this previous paper will help provide background evidence for my genius hour project/ ted talk. This week my goal is to find some more resources online from school boards to provide information about their nut free zone policies. Can't wait to see what I'll find next!

No comments:

Post a Comment