has been a topic that has always been around, and present throughout my educational career. During high school was when I became more aware that there are proper ways to cite another person's work that we learned from. This was introduced to me by using MLA (Modern Language Association). Then when I started University, academic integrity was drilled into us. I remember the first week of classes every professor in all years would greatly emphasize the importance of citing another person's work when we are using. Even generalized statements needed to be cited from somewhere, that was a huge hurtle that threw a curve ball into my writing style.
After reading the module, I have learned even more about copyright. Even just writing my weekly blog posts there are copyright issues that I need to consider. It then got me thinking even more about teaching. The module mentioned copyright while teacher, and to consider if there is a proper license on youtube videos that are shown in class. My previous conception was that since youtube videos
were posted on an online platform for the public, that we would be allowed to show them in class. However, there are still creative common licenses on these videos. Creative commons dictates how the product or creation can be used by others (Figg, 2013). Therefore, teachers need to require the right permission, or find videos with 'CC' before they can show their class. Defiantly something to know while teaching in the classroom with an emphasis on technology!!
![]() |
| Randell, J. (2010, March 3). Creative commons logo [Online Image]. Retrieved from https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Creative_commons.jpg#/media/File:Creative_commons.jpg |
References
Figg, C. (2013). Copyright for tech-enhanced teaching. Retrieved from: http://www.handy4class.com/tpack-teacher-game/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Copyright-2013c1.pdf.


No comments:
Post a Comment